Where Are They Now?

anderson
Chantelle Anderson, BS’03, is now—and will in perpetuity be—high above the floor of Memorial Gymnasium. Her jersey, that is. On Feb. 13, Vanderbilt retired her jersey and unveiled it hanging in the rafters alongside the banners that chronicle the best in Commodore basketball. She became just the fourth Vanderbilt basketball player and second woman to have her number retired.

“It was so surreal to see my jersey unveiled in Memorial Gym,” she says, “somewhere I was so honored to play for four years. It is one of those things you can’t put into words. I’m just so thankful to be honored. To be out there on the floor and to see the curtain come down, and it’s your number and your name, and wow: I’m up there forever. It’s crazy.”

anderson2

She finished her Vanderbilt career with numerous records and remains the university’s all-time leading scorer with 2,604 points, and is the field-goal percentage leader for both Vanderbilt and the SEC, with .651 percent made. She was a two-time All-American and three-time All-SEC player.

After spending a number of years playing professionally, Anderson is now a first-year assistant coach at Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida. She is writing an autobiography and is starting a mentoring program for young women.

Explore Story Topics