Read McNamara, MA’76, Executive Director of the Career Management Center at Owen, describes the CMC’s mission as something akin to moving mountains.
Read McNamara, MA’76
What you can do for the CMC:
• Post internship or job opportunities for students.
• Help students network within your industry.
• Share your expertise with a class or a club.
• Help students practice interviewing during the annual Mock Interview Jamboree.
What the CMC can do for you: Debbie Clapper, Associate Director of Executive and Alumni Career Services, provides support to alumni who are actively searching for a job, considering a job change or seeking professional growth within their current organization. She can be reached at (615) 322-3797 or email@example.com.
Alumni job search resources fall
under three categories:
• Preparation: Self-assessment tools, resume samples and research databases
• Implementation: Owen online networking sites, job boards, a guide to executive search firms, cover letter samples and video interviewing
• Evaluation: Online salary research, plus guides to evaluating offers and negotiating