Peabody Reflector

Spring Whirl

Reflections, Spring 2009 | 2 Comments | |

Spring weather in Nashville changes in an instant. As cold fronts from the northwest brush up against warm fronts from the Gulf, the clouds billow and sometimes illustrate the violence of the clash. But on this spring day, no violent weather was in the forecast. Perhaps the clouds were mimicking the whirl of mental activity taking place within the mind of the single student crossing the mall.

photo credits: John Russell

2 Responses »

1. Please extend my compliments to John Russell for this outstanding photograph. My daughter graduated from Vanderbilt in 2003 with a degree in HOD and I was fortunate enough to visit the Wyatt Center several times when she was an undergrad. I remember visiting on a day similar to the one pictured here and sharing lunch on one of the benches and thinking what a magnificent view it was. Now I have a photograph to view to help remind me of that pleasant day. If ever there would be a copy available to purchase, please let me know.
    Again, my sincere thanks and best wishes to Mr. Russell,
    Kathleen Harlan

2. Would it be possible to get a copy of Mr. Russell’s photo. My husband graduated from Peabody in 1971 and received his master’s degree the next year. This photo brought back some good memories. I would like to give him this as a Christmas gift. Any help you can give me is appreciated.