Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) – the main complication of allogeneic stem cell transplants – is the exact opposite of solid organ rejection: instead of your body rejecting the new organ, the new organ (the donor immune system) rejects you. In the acute post-transplant period, GVHD typically manifests as an itchy skin rash, gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, [...]
- Understanding Stem Cell Transplant
- Opening Pandora’s Box
- The Path to Recovery
- Multimedia Highlights
- A Closer Look
- What’s on the menu?
- News from Around the Cancer Center
- Recent Publications by VICC Researchers
- E-Cigarettes: A safe alternative to smoking?
- Ayers family support drives proteomic discoveries
- Cancer Prevention Facts
- EB Jackson: In Her Own Words
- Preventing Cancer
- Smart Choices