Scott Hiebert, Ph.D., has been on a 20-year hunt for the causes of acute myeloid leukemia (AML). When he entered the field in 1992, scientists had identified multiple chromosomal translocations – where two chromosomes break apart and exchange some genetic information – in cells from patients with acute leukemia. At the junctions (breakpoints) where the [...]
- What’s on the menu?
- News from Around the Cancer Center
- Recent Publications by VICC Researchers
- E-Cigarettes: A safe alternative to smoking?
- Ayers family support drives proteomic discoveries
- Cancer Prevention Facts
- EB Jackson: In Her Own Words
- Preventing Cancer
- Smart Choices