Summer 2013 Issue
Administrator Susan Mills manages the mountains of paperwork generated by VICC’s programs and grants.
Kim Brewer is off and running after two treatments for bladder cancer, which often recurs, making it the most expensive cancer to treat.
As a sports-crazy 14-year-old, Matt Bulow had his leg amputated below the knee. After Paralympics bronze medals and a world record in long jump, he is now helping others reach their mobility goals as a prosthetist.
- Collaboration seeks to develop new therapies for bone, other diseases
- Reduced-nicotine cigarettes decreased dependence and frequency of smoking
- VICC investigators land Komen breast cancer grants
- Ovarian cancer foundation honors VUMC’s Khabele
- Team to explore using nanoparticles to fight cancer
- More News…