Spring 2012 Issue
Biostatisticians like Xi (Steven) Chen, Ph.D., are integral to cancer research, especially in the modern genomics era.
Michael Greene had one of the most aggressive and rapidly fatal forms of brain cancer: a glioblastoma. His parents are now continuing the fight against the disease by supporting research at Vanderbilt-Ingram.
From the personal digital camera with which she discovered her tonsil cancer to the multimillion dollar “cameras” she sold professionally, photography has played an important part in Debra Sheridan’s life and cancer journey.
We’ve come a long way in the 40 years since declaring a “War on Cancer.”
- Collaboration seeks to develop new therapies for bone, other diseases
- Reduced-nicotine cigarettes decreased dependence and frequency of smoking
- VICC investigators land Komen breast cancer grants
- Ovarian cancer foundation honors VUMC’s Khabele
- Team to explore using nanoparticles to fight cancer
- More News…