Areas of Interest
- Inquiry focused discourse in the mathematics classroom.
- Distributed Cognition in mathematics.
- Mathematical argumentation and reasoning.
- Teacher inducation and professional development.
- Inquiry and Mathematics
- Argument and Reasoning in Mathematics
- Representation in Mathematics
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
• Development of a curriculum to build and foster student learning and reasoning about statistics.
• The design and development of an assessment instrument to measure student learning and reasoning about statistics.
A program to develop and empirically test a learning progression for modeling that spans the elementary and middle school grades.
Development of a yearlong first order inquiry-based learning program in a middle school classroom.
- Founded and taught at a public charter school in an urban setting
- High School mathematics instructor in an urban setting
- M.Ed. (2002): Education, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S. (2001): Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles