Areas of Interest
- The effects of school choice initiatives on student achievement in K-12 schools.
- The privatization of public education.
- School governance: decentralization.
- K-12 Education Policy
- School Choice
- Charter Schools
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
The impact of competition among public schools on student achievement. A replication of Caroline Hoxby's (2000) "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?".
Schools' responses to No Child Left Behind: A multi-state study of NCLB's effect on student achievement trends.
- Classroom teacher, Denver, CO.
- One year teaching at an International School in Chengdu, China
- Researcher, Education Commission of the States.
- M.A. (2004): Education Foundations, Policy, and Practice, University of Colorado
- B.A. (2001): Political Science, Hope College