Areas of Interest
- The role of social context in high school reform and student achievement.
- The interaction between educational policy and teaching practice.
- School Reform
- Social Context of Schools
- Teaching Practice
- Student Achievement
- School Choice
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Investigation of a project examining the scaling up of Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS) for young readers with a randomized design.
• Exploring factors related to teachers' fidelity of implementation of the PALS program and its effect on student outcomes.
• Exploring factors related to the sustainability of PALS and teachers' decisions to continue use of the PALS program after their involvement in the main study is completed.
Research assistant for the National Center on School Choice, Competition, and Achievement.
• Examining achievement gains in charter and regular public schools and how these gains are mediated by organizational and instructional conditions.
- Assistant Language Teacher in Japanese public junior high schools.
- Social studies teacher in public schools in Tennessee.
- M.S. (2003): Secondary Education, University of Tennessee
- B.A. (1998): History, University of Tennessee