Areas of Interest
- Effects of distance learning and technological resources on students in rural school districts.
- Interaction between teacher induction and teacher knowledge.
- Relationship between textbook use and student achievement.
- K-12 education policy, especially surrounding rural schools.
- Distance learning and technology.
- Teacher induction programs.
- textbooks and curricula.
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Designing a study to compare rural computer-based distance learning programs and their effects on student achievement on Advanced Placement tests.
- Undergraduate guided research.
- Program coordinator for gifted youth camp.
- B.S. (2006): Cognitive Studies and English, Vanderbilt University