Areas of Interest
- Mathematical thinking and learning.
- Teacher education and professional community (especially in mathematics).
- Studying schools as institutional settings of teaching and learning.
- Mathematics curricula and assessment.
- Informal learning environments.
- Teacher and Student Learning
- The Institutional Setting of Schools
- Teacher Professional Community
- Informal Learning Environments
- Rock 'n' Roll
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Studying teacher learning, instructional leadership and the impact of professional development within the institutional setting of schools.
Designing a study to test for empirical evidence of the effectiveness of a 1st grade math tutoring program.
Examining a middle school math teacher's experience of becoming a student at her school for one entire week.
Studying children’s learning in the world of skateboarding.
- High School mathematics teacher, Memphis City Schools, 2002-2005.
- High School mathematics teacher, Fayette, MO 1997-2002.
- M.Ed. (2001): Education, Central Methodist University
- B.A. (1997): Mathematics, Graceland University