Areas of Interest
- Relationships among early reading, writing and vocabulary development.
- Factors influencing intervention practice adoption in the classroom.
- Home factors influencing reading, writing and language development.
- Systematic relationships in poverty and literacy development.
- Student factors contributing to resilience/ameliorating conditions
- Home factors
- Poverty and literacy
- Educational Policy
- Research Methods
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Randomized control trial (RCT) study using Self-Regulated Strategies Development (SRSD) for second grade elementary school children identified at risk for writing and behavioral delays/disorders.
Meta-analysis of word processing interventions research for poorer writer children.
Meta-analysis of vocabulary intervention effects on reading comprehension with school-aged students.
Meta-analysis of mathematics instruction with learning disabled students.
- Speech Language Pathologist –birth through five years
- Speech Pathologist- elementary schools
- Speech Language Pathologist –neurorehabilitation, schools for the def, developmentally disabled adults, alzheimer's disease intervention
- M.A. (1991): Speech-Language Pathology, SUNY Plattsburgh
- B.Sc. (1989): Speech and Hearing Science, SUNY Plattsburgh