Areas of Interest
- Relationship between implementation and impact of programs, projects, and policies on student performance.
- Curriculum evaluation.
- Differentiated instruction.
- Urban education.
- Program Evaluation.
- Fidelity of Implementation.
- Instructional Practices.
- Research Methodology.
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Reanalyzing fidelity of implementation data from three pre-school literacy interventions to examine the strengths and weaknesses of alternative measures of implementation fidelity. Principal Investigator: David Cordray
Analyzing evaluation data from a longitudinal study of the National Institute for School Leadership (NISL), a professional development program for principals. Principal Investigator: Ellen Goldring
Analyzing interview data from a five-state study of the implementation of math standards in districts, schools, and classrooms. Principal Investigator: Laura Desimone
- Research Assistant, Consortium for Policy Research in Education (CPRE), Philadelphia, PA (2001-2006). (link: www.cpre.org)
- Research Consultant, Research for Action (RFA), Philadelphia, PA (2003-2006). (link: www.researchforaction.org)
- Instructor, ED 667: Introductory Statistics for Educational Research, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education (Summer 2006).
- Instructor, ED 699: Inquiry into Policy and Practice for Teach for America Master’s Degree Candidates, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education (Spring 2006).
- Editor, Penn GSE Perspectives on Urban Education (link: www.urbanedjournal.org) (2005-2006).
- Co-founder of Penn GSE’s Education Policy Discussion Group (link: http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~epdg/index.htm)
- Provided professional development to mentor teachers in Banda Aceh, Indonesia as part of Penn GSE’s Tsunami Relief Effort (Summer, 2005). (link: http://www.gse.upenn.edu/tsunami)
- Classroom Teacher, Fourth Grade (1999-2001).
- Ph.D. (2006): Educational Policy, University of Pennsylvania.
- M.Ed. (1999): Early Childhood/Elementary Education, Rutgers University.
- B.A. (1998): History, Rutgers University.