Areas of Interest
- Improving the ways by which schools identify and provide intervention to students with reading difficulties.
- Responsiveness-to-intervention (RTI) in the identification of learning disabilities.
- Reading instruction for students with severe cognitive impairments, including students with Down syndrome.
- Application of cognitive neuroscience techniques to the study of reading.
Early Reading Interventions
- Responsiveness to Intervention
- Identification of Students with Learning Disabilities
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Down Syndrome
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Providing a phonics-based reading intervention and modeling individual growth for students with Down syndrome.
Exploring the utility of event-related potential (ERP) data to enhance the identification of students who are in need of additional academic support in the area of reading.
Exploring the effects of scaling up Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS) in elementary grades.
- Research Associate, Vaughn Gross Center for Reading and Language Arts, University of Texas, Austin.
- Project Coordinator, Texas Reading First Higher Education Collaborative.
- School Coordinator, Scaling UP Effective Reading Interventions.
- Special Education Teacher.
- M.A. (2000): Special Education, University of Texas, Austin
- B.S. (1999): Applied Learning and Development, University of Texas, Austin
- B.A. (1996): Psychology, University of Texas, Austin