Areas of Interest
- Developing effective decoding interventions for students in grades 2 through 6.
- Training teachers in the implementation of evidence-based practices in literacy.
- Examining the impact of program fidelity on academic outcomes for students of low socioeconomic status and with learning disabilities.
- Use of cognitive assessments in a Response to Intervention (RTI) special education identification framework.
- Elementary Literacy Instruction
- Teacher Professional Development
- Evidence-Based Practice Sustainability
- Cognitive Assessments
- Response To Intervention (RTI)
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Exploring whether a "top down" or "bottom up" approach to implementation of Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS) contributes to greater student achievement in Reading for students in Grades 3, 4, and 5.
Reviewing the use of cognitive assessments in identifying students for special education.
Examining the factors that contribute to teachers decisions to sustain Kindergarten PALS.
- Professional development provider, University of California, Los Angeles, Center X.
- Literacy specialist, Teach For America.
- Literacy remediation specialist, Los Angeles, CA.
- 3rd Grade teacher, Lynwood, CA.
- Literacy Coach, Los Angeles, CA.
- M.A. (2004): Elementary Literacy and Language Arts, Loyola Marymount University
- B.A. (1999): History and Government, Georgetown University