Areas of Interest
- Principal practice and competencies.
- Principal evaluation tools.
- Principal certification strategies.
- Principal Training
- Instructional Leadership
- Communities in Schools
- Social Capital in Schools
- Principal Evaluation
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Currently evaluating a principal training program organized by the National Institute for School Leadership in the Savannah, GA, school district to measure its impacts on principal practice and competencies.
Helping to develop a psychometrically tested principal evaluation tool that districts can use in their assessment of principals.
Focusing on principal certification and/or professional development strategies to improve principalsí instructional leadership and their ability to promote collaboration and communication among school staff members.
- Product Manager, SPRYNet/AOL .
- High School social studies teacher.
- M.A. (1999): Teaching, Seattle University
- B.A. (1993): International Relations, Stanford University