Areas of Interest
- Promoting language and literacy development in early childhood settings.
- Teacher training in early childhood settings.
- Continuing professional development models.
- Coaching and feedback models to support teacher skill development.
- Video modeling as support for teacher skill development.
- Early intervention with children from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Language and Literacy Development
- Professional Development
- Coaching and Feedback Models
- Inclusive Environments
- Diverse Cultural/ Linguistic Backgrounds
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Exploring the effects of three approaches to teaching language and literacy skills to very high risk students attending Head Start.
Effects of coaching and data based feedback on teacher use of target skills.
- Teacher of special education and general education in preshool, and grades three through five.
- M.A. (2005): Reading Education, University of Virginia
- B.A. (2000): Elementary Education, Comprehensive Special Education, Vanderbilt University