Areas of Interest
- Supports for mathematics teachers that enhance instructional improvement, particulary mathematics specialist/coaches.
- Indicators and measurement of quality in various forms of professional development for mathematics teachers.
- Relationship between the quality of supports (ex: advice networks) for mathematics teachers and instructional practices.
- Mathematics Teacher Professional Community
- Professional Development Quality
- Mathematics Coaching
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Institution Setting of Mathematics Teaching-A four year longitudinal study (funded by NSF, Paul Cobb, PI) examining various characteristics of the institutional setting and their relationship to changes in teacher's practices and student achievement over time as related to district efforts to reform mathematics instruction..
Evaluation US Math Recovery-A two year study ("Goal 2" funded by IES, Paul Cobb, PI) evaluating the efficacy of an early numeracy one-on-one tutoring intervention for low achieving first graders, Math Recovery.
- Middle School Mathematics Teacher
- B.S. Ed. (2004): Emphasis in Middel School Education, University of Missouri-Columbia