Areas of Interest
- Reading difficulties of elementary-aged children.
- Intervention research.
- Comprehension and learning disabilities.
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Comprehension Instruction
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Comprehensive Strategy Instruction – this project is examining the effects of different strategy instruction programs on reading comprehension for students who are adequate decoders, yet poor comprehenders.
- Research Assistant for a math and reading school-based follow-up study for students with learning disabilities.
- Research assistant for a study designed to assess and evaluate VaNTH engineering programs.
- B.S. (2006): Childhood Studies, Vanderbilt University