Areas of Interest
- Early childhood and early elementary language and literacy development.
- Curriculum and instruction leading to closing the achievement gap for low-income populations.
- Preparing teachers for diverse student populations.
- Language Development
- Early Literacy
- Low-Income Schools
- Teacher Preparation
- Diversity and Achievement
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
- Implementing a preschool curriculum in the Birmingham, Alabama Head Start Program (IES grant)
- Examining the impact of the curriculum on the quality of teacher-child interactions and the language development of at-risk children
- Teacher, Grades 1 and 2, Boston Public Schools.
- Teacher, Grade 1, DC Public Schools.
- Literacy Specialist, Teach For America.
- Recruitment and Admissions, Teach For America.
- M.Ed (2006): Curriculum and Instruction (Elementary Education), Boston College.
- B.A. (2000): Sociology and Religious Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.