Areas of Interest
- Discovering what teaching methods in math will best promote conceptual understanding and procedural fluency.
- Learning how children transfer knowledge within and between domains and how they develop problem-solving skills.
- Bridging the gap between research and the classroom by making classroom-friendly educational research available to educators in schools.
- Conceptual Understanding and Procedural Fluency
- Transfer and Problem-Solving
- Classroom-Friendly Educational Research
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
Examine how the use of contrasting solutions in middle-school mathematics classes affects procedural knowledge, procedural flexibility, and conceptual understanding.
- Research Assistant, Center for Educational Outcomes, Dartmouth College.
- Research Assistant, Brain Imaging Lab, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
- Programs Intern, National Center for Learning Disabilities.
- Academic Intern in Psychology, Dartmouth College.
- B.A.(2007): Psychological and Brain Sciences with an Education Minor, Dartmouth College