Areas of Interest
- Connections between beginning teacher induction programs and teacher turnover.
- Using industrial/organizational (I/O) psychology principles and methods to better understand the interactions and mediation effects on the overall employment experience for teachers.
- Connections between alternative certification program participants and the supply of highly qualified teachers.
- Teacher Turnover
- Teacher Induction Programs
- Teacher Hiring Processes and Policies
- Job Satisfaction and Realistic Job Previews
- Strategic Alignment of Human Capital
- Schools as Organizations
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
How do induction and continuing professional development affect beginning middle school math teachers’ instruction and student achievement? .
- Mathematics Instructor, Grades 6-9.
- FCAT Prep Reader Instructor.
- ABE/GED Instructor.
- Book Editor, Hardcourt Publishing.
- M.Ed (2005): Educational Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. (2001): Mathematics, Morehouse College