Areas of Interest
- Reading achievement of middle school students.
- student motivation.
- Teachers of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Teacher training programs.
- Achievement Gap
- Educational Equity
- Reading engagement
- Teacher Education
Current Research Topic/Field-Based Project
IES grant to implement new preschool curriculum in Birmingham-based Head start Program.
- Support and study teacher adoption of effective strategies for teaching language.
- Measure curriculum impact on longitudinal development of vocabulary and literacy ability (from PK through Grade 1).
- Measure the relationship between the frequency and complexity of teacher-child conversations and children's growth.
- AmeriCorps member, school programs and neighborhood revitalization, Oakland, California.
- Certified to teach grades 5-9 social studies in Massachusetts.
- Grade 6 Social Studies Teacher, Massachusetts.
- Director of Technology, Brimmer and May School, Massachusetts.
- B.A. (1993): Russian, Boston College
- M.A.T. (1997): Social Studies, Tufts University