The Office of Trademark Licensing was established to ensure that Vanderbilt's brand identity is properly represented on goods and services.
The Office of Trademark Licensing serves to:
- Protect and control the use of Vanderbilt University's name and marks on merchandise;
- Establish a cooperative relationship with licensees;
- Distribute and approve University logo artwork;
- Oversee royalty revenues for the University;
- Increase the market share of Vanderbilt University products in retail stores;
- Promote products and product designs that are consistent with the goals and image of the University.