Out in Front Call for Proposals
Out in Front is seeking proposals that effectively tie back to the theme and at least one of the pillars (individual values, group values, community values) closely. Please consider this in the submission of the workshop proposal.
Submit your workshop proposals by 5 pm on Friday January 18, 2013.
In addition, please keep in mind the following:
- Completely fill out the workshop application and submit by the deadline.
- Please make sure that you are available Saturday, February 9th from 9:30 am to 6 pm.
- If you are attending, please complete the registration form.
- If you need a computer for your presentation, please be prepared to provide your own laptop and adaptor (Projectors, Screens, and presentation paper will be provided by Vanderbilt LGBTQI Life upon request).
- Acceptance notices will be sent out by January 28th.
Rooted in the Social Change Model of leadership development, OUT in Front intends to create:
Individual Values: Understanding ourselves and how our own experiences impact our perspectives, leadership style, and action. This will better inform how we interact with others and how we approach engagement and service.
Group Values: Explore the LGBTQI spectrum and examine the personal and political significance of identity and inclusion. In addition explore collaboration, common purpose and controversy with civility.
Community Values: Encourage participants to take collaborative action at the individual, group, and/or institutional levels to create social change that promotes equity for all.
To read more about this framework, visit socialchangemodel.ning.com.