Prep Community Partners
important upcoming dates:
1) October 4: PREP Info breakfast
The PREP Program will host a community agency info session on Oct 4, 2011 at 8:00 am to provide detailed information about the PREP Program. The meeting will take place in the lower level meeting rooms of the Student Life Center.
2) October 21st: Submit position description
Please submit a description of your internship position online. The students will receive a copy of the position descriptions to review before the service-internship fair on November 1st.
3) November 1st: PREP Service-Internship Placement Fair
Community agencies are invited to table and share specific opportunities with the students in a “fair-type” environment. PREP students apply to organizations of interest and look forward to interviews with community agencies. Once an agency has selected a student, together they determine the spring schedule and designate the community mentor.
agency commitment information:
Attend PREP Info Breakfast on October 4
Submit online service-internship position description by October 21st
Attend PREP Service-Internship Placement Fair on November 1st
- Interview candidates and offer position to a student by December 2nd
- Provide a substantial project for PREP student to work on over the course of the semester
- Inform student of other administrative tasks and roles
- Supervise student throughout the semester and provide feedback on their performance