ISSS, USCIS, & YOU
ISSS does not work for the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly known as the INS) nor for any other part of the U.S. government. ISSS staff are trained to assist international students and scholars with immigration matters. However, the student or scholar is solely responsible for maintaining legal status.
Answers to many common questions can be found on the ISSS website (http://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss) or by reading the handouts available at ISSS. Immigration information and updates are also announced through the email listserv . Therefore, it is very important that students and scholars provide ISSS with their Vanderbilt email addresses.
Helpful Immigration Links
- Department of State
- Department of State Exchange Visitor Program
- Diversity Visa Program or Green Card Lottery
- Foreign Embassies of Washington D.C.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Memphis USCIS District Office
- Passport Photo Guide for some Immigration applications
- Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement 212(e) Waiver
- United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) or Immigration
- USCIS InfoPass: Click to make an appointment with the Memphis USCIS District Office
- USCIS Case Status Page: Click above to check on the status of any Immigration application. You must have the “SRC” Number (Immigration receipt number) in order to search your case.
- US Customs & Border Protection
- US-VISIT: Travel and Transportation
- United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
- US Visa Appointments in Canada
- Visa Wait Times
- Visa Waiver Program