Home » Health Insurance & Immunizations » Dependent Insurance

Dependent Insurance

Spouses, domestic partners, and children of F and J visa holders should enroll in insurance and maintian coverage the entire time they are in the United States.  J-2′s insurance should meet the minimum requirements set by the Department of State.

Vanderbilt University cannot recommend, or endorse any specific health insurance company or policy. A list of health insurance providers can be found by clicking here. Additional options are below:

Some insurance plans meet most of the immigration requirements but do not provide adequate coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation of remains. If your preferred insurance does not include these two types of coverage, you can purchase an additional policy for a small cost. Two options are listed below.

Gallagher Koster – Vanderbilt Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains Benefits Enrollment Form

Harbour Group Medical Evaucation and Repatriation Plan