Spouses, domestic partners, and children of F and J visa holders should enroll in insurance and maintian coverage the entire time they are in the United States. J-2′s insurance should meet the minimum requirements set by the Department of State.
Vanderbilt University cannot recommend, or endorse any specific health insurance company or policy. A list of health insurance providers can be found by clicking here. Additional options are below:
- Gallagher Koster (insurance provider for all Vanderbilt students)
- For Dependents of degree seeking students:
- For Dependents of short term students, scholars, and student interns:
- Vanderbilt Domestic Partner Affidavit
- Note: In order to enroll online, you will be required to create an account. The account asks for a student ID. Scholars and Student Interns can use a Social Security Number, Vanderbilt Temporary ID Number, or any other 9 digit number to create an account.
- PSI International Health Insurance
- Harbour Group Insurance
- ISO Insurance
Some insurance plans meet most of the immigration requirements but do not provide adequate coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation of remains. If your preferred insurance does not include these two types of coverage, you can purchase an additional policy for a small cost. Two options are listed below.