Attention New Students
- Certain immunizations are required for all students. If you are unable to obtain them prior to arriving on campus, you can receive them from the Student Health Center. The health insurance plan offered by Vanderbilt provides coverage of most immunizations at little or no cost. For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- It is strongly recommended that any students who need a Tuberculosis test receive one prior to arrival. To determine if the test is required, please consult the Health Questionnaire below.
- Health Questionnaire must be completed and submitted to the Student Health Center with vaccination or waiver information. If you are unable to submit the Health Questionnaire by the June 1st deadline then your registration will be put on hold until you have submitted the forms.
- Insurance coverage begins in mid-August. Students who will arrive in the U.S. early are strongly encouraged to purchase the early arrival insurance. Vanderbilt Student Early Arrival Form
Gallagher Koster Insurance through Vanderbilt
All students enrolled for 4 credits or more will be automatically signed for student health insurance with Gallagher Koster. The insurance is charged to your student account each fall and spring semester. Coverage is for the academic year and is valid from August to August.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Health Care and Insurance for International Students
- International Student Health Insurance Brochure
- Health Insurance Policy Summary
If you wish to use a different insurance policy and not purchase the Koster insurance, you must apply for a waiver each academic year using one of the forms below.
- Health Insurance Waiver Request for government sponsored and exchange students with health insurance not based in the U.S.
- Online Health Insurance Waiver Request for students who have U.S. based health insurance that meets or exceeds the Vanderbilt health insurance policy.