Home » J-1 Staff & Faculty » Exchange Visitor Application

Exchange Visitor Application

This application should be submitted to ISSS in application for a new EV to come to Vanderbilt, for a transfer, or an extension of stay for an existing EV. Transfers include those who are currently at other EVPs and those wishing to change departments within Vanderbilt.

The requesting department should ensure that the Part A and B fors are both completed and the necessary signatures are obtained before submitting the forms to ISSS.

If the EV will be sponsored wholly or in part by non-Vanderbilt funds, a copy of the appointment letter and proof of financial support must be attached.

Incomplete or illegible forms will be returned to the department via campus mail.

If the scholar is eligible, ISSS will prepare a Certificate of Eligibility (DS-2019) for the requesting department to mail to the scholar, along with the additional information provided by ISSS. The scholar will then take the DS-2019 to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a J-1 visa and will enter the US in J-1 status.

Information regarding H-1B and other employment related visa categories should be directed to Human Resources’ Vanderbilt International Services and International Tax (VISIT) Office.