Please make an appointment with your International Student Adviser and bring the following documents with you to your appointment. Please check with International Student Adviser to verify all documents needed for your application.
- Completed G-1145 Form
- $290 personal check made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for I-539 application fee
- I-539 (download the fillable pdf)
- Original I-20 or DS-2019 (issued by an ISSS International Student & Scholar Adviser)
- I-901 Receipt of SEVIS fee payment to be paid after I-20 or DS-2019 issued by ISSS
- Copy of I-94 (front and back)
- Copy of Passport identification pages (including expiration date)
- Copy of Visa
- Proof of Financial Support
- Dependent Family Member Documentation (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa, I-94), if applicable
- Personal Letter: A strong letter explaining why you want to change your status can help convince USCIS of your non-immigrant intent and if applying for a student category persuade USCIS that the student did not have a pre-conceived intention to study in the U.S.
- OTHER: as advised by your International Student & Scholar Adviser