Severe Economic Hardship Application Process
Compile the following application documents to submit to ISSS:
- Completed I-765 Economic Hardship Form
- Personal letter explaining the situation and specifically indicating how it was unforeseen and why other employment options are not sufficient.
- Completed G-1145 Form
- $380 personal check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for I-765 application fee
- 2 Passport-style photos – with full name and I-94 card number (11 digits) on back of each photo
- Copy of electronic I-94 or paper I-94 card (front and back)
- Copy of Passport I.D. page(s) including expiration date
- Copy of Visa Stamp
- Copy of all previous Employment Authorization Documents (EAD cards) if you have previously been granted employment
- Supporting materials confirming unforeseen need, such as letter from family explaining change in circumstances or proof of currency devaluation, as advised by your International Student & Scholar Adviser
- Completed applications may be submitted to an International Student Adviser during walk-in hours or a scheduled appointment to allow opportunity to discuss your situation.
- Your International Student Adviser will review your application materials, issue a new I-20 with an employment recommendation, and finalize your application package. You will receive an email from your International Student Adviser when your application is ready to pick up at ISSS. You will be instructed to pick up the application during walk-in hours so that an ISSS Adviser can review it with you before you mail it.
- You must mail the completed application packet to Immigration (USCIS) WITHIN 30 DAYS OF I-20 ISSUANCE to an address below:
Address for Regular Postal Mail
USCIS, Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
Address for Express Mail (i.e. FedEx, UPS)
2501 S. State Hwy. 121; Business Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067