On Campus Residents Move-in
New undergraduate international students who will live on campus are scheduled to move into their residence halls on Wednesday, August 17th. Please note the date and instructions for international student move-in are different from other undergraduate students to allow for your attendance at special events, including International Student Orientation, and additional time to adjust to campus.
On campus residents should plan to arrive August 17th between the hours of 8:00AM and 12:00AM (midnight) and report to The Commons Center. ID cards will be available for pick-up at The Commons Center. Student volunteers and ISSS staff will greet you and provide assistance in moving to your room.
The Commons Center is located at 267 Appleton Place, Nashville TN – directly off of 18th Avenue South. Take 18th Avenue South to Horton Avenue to pull up directly in front of The Commons Center. Click Here for a campus map.
Students are strongly encouraged to arrive at the specified times. If your flight arrives after midnight on Wednesday, please contact The Office of Residential Education to arrange your move-in plans. They can be reached by: (Ph: 615-322-2591; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd/ ).
If you plan to arrive prior to Wednesday, please arrange for a hotel stay and report to campus during the scheduled move-in times.
ISSS will have pillows and linens available for purchase to make your first night on campus comfortable! Packages include a pillow, sheet set, blanket, bath towel, and washcloth and may be purchased for $40 (cash or U.S. check). Students may purchase linens at The Commons Center upon arrival.
Important Things To Do:
- Apply for housing by June 1: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd/main/housing-assignments/
- Upload your photo for your Commodore Card (student identification card): http://www.vanderbilt.edu/commodorecard/fystudents.html
- Arrange for transportation from the airport to The Commons Center. Resources are listed under Travel and Transportation on ISSS’s Coming to Vanderbilt page: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/coming-to-vanderbilt/
Where can you find more information? Try these resources!
- Check out the Road to Vanderbilt.
- First year students – Visit the Class of 2020 website for additional information and updates: http://commons.vanderbilt.edu/
- Transfer students – Visit the Transfer Student Orientation website for additional information and updates: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/deanofstudents/transfer-students/
- Exchange students – Contact the Global Education Office for additional information: email@example.com.