On Campus Residents Move-in
New undergraduate international students who will live on campus are scheduled to move into their residence halls on August 18 and 19. Please note the date and instructions for international student move-in are different from other undergraduate students to allow for your attendance at special events, including International Student Orientation, and additional time to adjust to campus.
On campus residents should plan to arrive August 18 or 19 between the hours of 8:00AM and 12:00AM (midnight) and report directly to the ISSS office. ID cards will be available for pick-up at ISSS. Student volunteers and ISSS staff will greet you and provide assistance in moving to your room.
The ISSS office is located in the Student Life Center at 310 25th Ave South, Suite 103, Nashville, TN 37240.
Click here for directions to the Student Life Center and a map.
Students are strongly encouraged to arrive at the specified times. If your flight arrives after midnight on these days, please arrange for a hotel stay and report to campus during the scheduled move-in times.
If you must arrive in Nashville prior to August 18, you may request special arrangements by contacting the Office of Housing & Residential Education for assistance (Ph: 615-322-2591; E-mail: email@example.com ; Web: www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd/ ).
ISSS will have pillows and linens available for purchase to make your first night on campus comfortable! Packages include a pillow, sheet set, blanket, bath towel, washcloth, and laundry bag and may be purchased for $40 (cash or U.S. check). Students may purchase linens at the ISSS office upon arrival.
Important Things To Do:
- Apply for housing by June 1: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd/main/housing-assignments/
- Upload your photo for your Commodore Card (student identification card): http://www.vanderbilt.edu/commodorecard/fystudents.html
- Arrange for transportation from the airport to the ISSS office. Resources are listed under Travel and Transportation on ISSS’s Coming to Vanderbilt page: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/coming-to-vanderbilt/
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu for College by August 17. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can you find more information? Try these resources!
- Check out the Road to Vanderbilt.
- First year students – Visit the Class of 2018 website for additional information and updates: http://commons.vanderbilt.edu/
- Transfer students – Visit the Transfer Student Orientation website for additional information and updates: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/deanofstudents/transfer-students/
- Exchange students – Contact the Global Education Office for additional information: email@example.com.