Become an International Orientation Leader
International Student & Scholar Services is looking for enthusiastic Vanderbilt students to serve as leaders for International Student Orientation this fall. Each year, Vanderbilt welcomes students from as many as 60 countries to join our campus and community. International Orientation Leaders will help build a welcoming environment and provide guidance to students throughout their transition to life at Vanderbilt.
International Orientation Leaders
• Serve as peer leaders for small groups of new students
• Communicate with their assigned students by email prior to their arrival
• Guide and motivate their groups throughout the orientation program
• Create a welcoming and fun atmosphere at orientation events
International Orientation Leaders must:
• Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
• Be registered students for fall 2013
• Commit to attendance at mandatory training on August 13 and International Student Orientation on August 16
• Demonstrate campus involvement and knowledge about Vanderbilt University
• Be patient and flexible
• Be enthusiastic and have a positive Vanderbilt spirit
• Have the ability to interact comfortably with diverse student populations
• Be dependable
Want to learn more?
Information sessions will be offered and interested students are encouraged, but not required to attend.
Wednesday, February 6, 4-5PM, Student Life Center 109
Thursday, February 7, 12-1PM, Sarratt 361 (please feel free to bring your lunch)
To apply, complete the application form and submit it by email to email@example.com.
Applications are due February 22. Group interviews will be conducted after Spring Break.
Please contact Heather Jones at 322-2753 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.