Community Outreach Internship
The Vanderbilt Athletic Sales and Marketing department is seeking volunteer student interns to help plan and execute marketing and community outreach efforts. We are a dynamic and fast-paced department, and interns are an integral part of our job as well as the fan experience for groups that come to Vanderbilt athletic events. Interns will assist in developing relationships with community organizations as well as generating new sales leads. Interns will work 12-15 hours per week in the office as well as some athletic and community events. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Aimee Graugnard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-343-6700.
- Research and identify community events that Vanderbilt Athletics should attend to promote sales and marketing initiatives.
- Research local organizations in the community to contact for increasing group sales.
- Staff tables at community events: creating an attractive display, interacting with fans/potential fans, selling Vanderbilt Athletics, answering questions, etc.
- Assist with handling requests for coach and former student-athlete appearances.
- Document and evaluate events attended by the department.
- Provide impeccable customer service to groups at athletic contests and special events.
- Assist with writing and executing marketing and sales plans for department initiatives.
- Organize and execute plans for giveaways, promotional items and marketing materials as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interns must be current undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing.
- Interns should be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Punctuality, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are expected.
- Interns will present themselves as representatives of the Vanderbilt Athletics department, adhering to dress code and etiquette restrictions.
- Interns are expected to staff all assigned events which will include days, nights and weekends and must be able to lift at least 25lbs.
To apply, please submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three references to Aimee Graugnard at email@example.com.