Home » Panhellenic Council
The Panhellenic Council at Vanderbilt takes charge of and preserves the high standards of its 12 member sororities on this campus. Panhellenic consist of ten chapters who are members of the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC), one Latina sorority, Lambda Theta Alpha, and one multicultural sorority, Sigma Lambda Gamma.
The Panhellenic Council at Vanderbilt develops and maintains fraternity/sorority life and interfraternity relations at a high level of accomplishment, and in doing so:
- Considers the goals and ideals of member groups as continually applicable to campus and personal life;
- Promotes superior scholarship as basic to intellectual achievement;
- Cooperates with member fraternities and the university administration in concern for and maintenance of high social and moral standards;
- Acts in accordance with National Panhellenic Conference UNANIMOUS AGREEMENTS and policies;
- Acts in accordance with such rules established by Panhellenic Association as to not violate the sovereignty, rights and privileges of member fraternities;
- Oversees and maintain all actions of member sororities of the University, adhering to all rules and regulations set forth by the National Panhellenic Conference, this University Panhellenic Council, as well as those determined by the University itself;
- Contributes to the excellence of the University and the outside community through service and academic achievement;
- Enhances and maintain standards of individual members of this University Panhellenic Association through inter-sorority and intercommunity relations and high emphasis on academic achievement, all in cooperation with University administration and faculty.
Joining a Panhellenic Sorority
Sorority Recruitment at Vanderbilt does not occur until the spring semester. The Formal Recruitment is scheduled for January 10 – 12 & 17 – 19, 2014. At this time, women who earned a 2.5 GPA, achieved 12 university credit hours, and who are not on disciplinary probation will be eligible to participate in the Formal Recruitment process. Recruitment for sororities at Vanderbilt is a mutual selection process.
For more detailed information about Panhellenic sorority recruitment, please click here.
Officers of the Panhellenic Council
Vice President of Recruitment
Director of Judicial Affairs
Director of Programming
Mary Leah Milnes
Director of Administration
Director of Gamma Chis
New Member Educator/Rising VP Recruitment
Director of Public Relations