Home » IFC
The Interfraternity Council (IFC) at Vanderbilt takes charge of and preserves the high standards of its 14 member fraternities on this campus. IFC consists of many chapters who are members of the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC), including one South Asian fraternity, Beta Chi Theta, and also includes one fraternity for gay, bisexual and progressive men, Delta Lambda Phi.
The Interfraternity Council promotes the interests of fraternities in general, and insures cooperation among the different fraternities on campus. The purpose of this organization shall be to develop and maintain fraternity life and interfraternity relationships, and in doing so to:
- Promote excellence in scholarship
- Act in conjunction with member fraternities and the University to promote and maintain high social and moral standards
- Provide programs and services to member fraternities
- Act as a liaison between member fraternities and other student organizations, the student body, the faculty, and the administration of Vanderbilt University
- Foster the development of a positive relationship between the community and member fraternities
- Institute policies and rules that will further the mission of Greek Life at Vanderbilt University
- Work collaboratively with the Panhellenic and National Pan-Hellenic Councils on programs, activities, and events
Joining a Fraternity
The deadline for registering for recruitment for Spring 2014 was December 2 at 5 pm. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Greek Life at 322-2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshmen men interested in pledging during their second semester should meet as many fraternity members during the fall semester and learn about the various activities sponsored by each chapter. The more people you meet in fraternities, the more options are likely to be available to you at the conclusion of the process. You should also keep in mind that friends made during your freshman year at Vanderbilt will be lifelong friends, regardless of fraternity affiliation.
Thank you very much for your interest in Greek Life at Vanderbilt.
Most of you have completed the first 2 requirements to join a fraternity by filling out your information release card and paying your $20 registration fee. If you missed this step yesterday, please stop by the Office of Greek Life (207 Sarratt) this week to do so.
All men who are interested in joining a fraternity MUST fill out the online registration form below. Before you begin this form, please have the following pieces of information in front of you:
1. You student id number. You can find this in the YES system.
2. Your parents contact information, including emails
3. Any legacy information (father, grandfather, brother, etc. that have a fraternity affiliations)
The rest of the information you should have no problem filling out, but if you have questions, please contact the Office of Greek Life 322-2048. This form is how the fraternities will be able to select you as someone they are considering, so it is important that you fill this out ASAP.
Remember that to be eligible to join a fraternity you must have at least a 2.5 GPS, 12 completed credit hours, not be on disciplinary probation and do at least 3 hours of community service with a fraternity this semester.
Officers of the Interfraternity Council
VP of Finance and Records
VP of Recruitment
VP of Programming
VP of Member Development
VP of Housing