Home » Alumni
Becoming an Advisor
With a Greek community that is over 150 years old, we have over 25,000 living Greek alumni who have graduated from Vanderbilt and gone on to excel in politics, business, education, industry & technology, medicine, law, entertainment and sports. Alumni engagement is absolutely critical to the success of the Greek community at Vanderbilt.
Goals in the Greek Life Succes Plan related to Alumni Engagement
- At least 75% of Greek seniors partricipate in the Senior Class Fund
- Chapters wil organize a minimum of two alumni events annually
- Chapters will regularly communicate with alumni via social media and newsletters as appropriate
- More than 50% of alumni GOLD (Grauates of the Last Decade) donors are Greek alumni
- Chapters will increase alumni participation in chapter operations
- The percentage of Chapter members that will indicate they intend to be involved in their fraternity or sorority will increase
Giving to Vanderbilt
Alumni, parents and friends have the opportunity to provide financial support to their fraternity or sorority by giving to Vanderbilt. Tax deductible gifts may be given through Vanderbilt for Greek organizations to support renovation projects, house improvements and upgrades, educational programming and a variety of other chapter needs.
If you are interested in giving a gift to Vanderbilt to benefit your chapter, you can do so by including the chapter name on your check and sending it to:
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37203-9700
You can also give online, by clicking here: https://webapp.mis.vanderbilt.edu/olga/?appealCode=Z08D2 . Please click “other” in the area you would like to support and include your chapter name in the allocation description area.
If you have questions about the use of gifts, please contact Kristin Torrey, Director of Greek Life.