for Current Students
Here you will
find links to information for students currently enrolled in the
Bridge program. This includes access to course catalogs, course
schedules, financial aid information, and other useful information.
Check this page regularly for updates.
to downolad an informational brochure in PDF format.
Overview of the Bridge Program:
are the basic requirements of the Masters-to-PhD Bridge program.
See below for detailed guidelines and requirements.
- Complete all requirements for the M.A. degree
- Be sure to take at least one core course at Vanderbilt
- Be mindful of the various deadlines and forms to be completed
- Meet at least once per semester with your Fisk and Vanderbilt
- Take the GRE (including the subject exam, depending on which
Vanderbilt PhD program you intend to join)
- Apply to the relevant Vanderbilt PhD program by the January
Bridge Faculty office hours for Spring 2010:
Tuesdays 9:00-11:00am (Arnold at Fisk)
Tuesdays 1:00-2:00pm (Dave Ernst at Vanderbilt)
Wednesdays 4:00-5:00pm (Kelly and Keivan at Vanderbilt)
Thursdays 1:00-2:00pm (Dave Ernst at Vanderbilt)
Fridays 10:00-11:00am (Kelly at Fisk)
Fridays 2:00-3:00pm (Keivan at Fisk)
Donna Webb is on leave for Spring 2010, available by appointment.
these dates are approximate, and are intended only as a guide. Check
the academic calendar (see links below) for up-to-date information.
- Fall semester 2009
- Aug 24: Classes start at Fisk, last day to register at Fisk
- Aug 26: Classes start at Vanderbilt
- Sept 2: Last day to add courses at Vanderbilt
- Sept 4: Last day to add courses at Fisk
- Sept 15: Last day to file for December graduation at Fisk
- Oct 9: Last day to drop courses at Fisk (WD)
- Oct 14: Mid-semester evaluations
- Oct 19-20: October breat at Fisk
- Oct 22-23: October break at Vanderbilt
- Nov 2: Pre-registration begins at Fisk for Spring courses
- Nov 23-27: Thanksgiving break
- Dec 1: Pre-registration ends
- Dec 4: Last day to file for May graduation at Fisk
- Spring semester 2010
- Jan 11: Last day to register for Spring semester at Fisk, classes start at Fisk and Vanderbilt
- Jan 19: Last day to add/drop courses at Fisk
- Feb 26: Last day to withdraw from courses at Fisk (WD)
- Mar 1: Pre-registration begins at Fisk for Fall courses
- Mar 6-14: Spring break at Fisk and Vanderbilt
- Mar 10: Mid-semester evaluations
- Apr 1: Pre-registration ends
- Apr 28: Deadline for Masters degree forms (see thesis checklist below)
- May 3: Commencement ceremonies at Fisk
- May 14: Commencement ceremonies at Vanderbilt
Information and forms: