the Masters-PhD Bridge program begins with an application to the
Masters degree program in biology, chemistry, or physics at Fisk University. If you believe
that you may be qualified to begin PhD-level work immediately, we
encourage you to apply directly to the Vanderbilt PhD program. In
that case, just indicate in your Vanderbilt application that you
are also interested in the Masters-to-PhD Bridge program; in the
event that you are not selected for admission directly into the
PhD program, your application can be forwarded to the Bridge program
We urge all prospective applicants to contact
one of the program coordinators before applying. We will gladly
speak with you about the program, answer any questions you may have,
help you determine whether the program is right for you, and guide
you through the application process.
The program has two application deadlines:
- Early: Applications
completed by December 1 will receive full consideration for an early decision. This may be helpful for students applying to multiple programs and who would benefit from knowing as early as possible. Students not selected for early decision will be automatically considered for the final review below.
- Final: Applications completed by April 15 will receive full consideration for the final application review. Please
contact us if you would like to submit an application after April
|If you are applying to the Fisk-Vanderbilt Masters-to-PhD
Our application process is simple and free for US citizens and permanent residents. For international students the fee is $50.
A complete application consists of:
- An application form for graduate study
- Three letters of recommendation preferably from persons who are familiar with your academic qualifications. Letters from professors who are familiar with your research capabilities are especially valued. Please provide your letter writers with a copy of these letter guidelines.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate work, unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- A 1-2 page personal statement
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores including percentiles, unofficial scores are acceptable.
- Bridge program information form
All of the above items should be emailed to Mr. Coca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The early application deadline is December 1. The final application deadline is April 15. A letter of acceptance into the Fisk Master’s program will come to you from the Fisk Admission Office, followed by a letter from the Fisk Director of Graduate Studies from your department of interest and the Bridge Program.
Please direct any questions to:
Fisk-Vanderbilt Masters-to-PhD Bridge Program
W.E.B. Du Bois Hall, Room 230
1000 17th Ave. North
Nashville, TN 37208-3051
|If you are applying directly to the Vanderbilt PhD program:
Complete the online application process by Jan 1
for one of the following programs: