All Flood Information Updates
Thursday, August 19, 2010
- 1:27 p.m. – Update for Flood Relief Fund Applicants: Applications for support from the Vanderbilt Flood Relief Fund have been reviewed and it is expected that awards will be issued by the end of August. Recipients of support must have been employed at Vanderbilt on May 1, 2010, have sustained significant flood damage, be currently employed at Vanderbilt in a regular or term (not temporary) position, and be in a regular or term position at the time of award. Because the funds available are limited, and the needs are great, the awards will necessarily be modest in size.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tuesday, July 15, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
- 8:05 a.m. – Habitat for Humanity: Flood Recovery Information
- 8:00 a.m. – Sales Tax Relief Available to Individuals Affected by Flooding
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Friday, June 26, 2010
- 2:24 p.m. – Sears Commercial offers gift cards at 10% off during the disaster recovery period. Learn more.
Monday, June 21, 2010
- 10:11 a.m. – Metro Nashville Social Services reports that the Small Business Administration (SBA) helps flood victims who are individuals and households, not just small businesses. Learn more about the SBA and other Metro Social Services resources.
- 9:56 a.m. – Tennessee Department of Revenue Offers Sales Tax Relief for Flood Victims
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- 4:30 p.m. – FEMA help for Renters
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
- 10:15 a.m. – NES Announces Rebuilding Relief for Flood Victims
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- 1:55 p.m. – Legal Help about Flooding Questions: A representative from Nashville’s legal community will be in Light Hall, Room 214, to discuss flood-related legal issues on Thursday, June 10, from 7-8 a.m., and Tuesday, June 15, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Watch videos: Videos: Legal Seminar for Flood Victims 6/10/2010 and Legal Seminar for Flood Victims 6/15/2010. Also see: Resource Quicklist: Flood of 2010 Legal Issues Seminar
Friday, June 4, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
- 2:17 p.m. – The Mitigation Community Education and Outreach program will have teams in Lowe’s and Home Depot giving advice about repairing flooded homes, cleaning mold and mildew, and protecting homes from flood damage. Dates and store locations are:
- Lowe’s: June 14-21, 5520 Nolensville Pike, Nashville; June 28-July 5, 5025 Old Hickory Blvd., Hermitage.
- Home Depot: July 5-12, 5010 Old Hickory Blvd., Nashville; July 26-Aug. 2, 1584 Gallatin Pike N., Madison; Aug. 16-23, 1015 Joyce Lane, Nashville; Aug. 23-30, 2535 Powell Ave., Nashville; Aug. 30-Sept. 6, 5665 Highway 70 S., Nashville.
- 1:30 p.m. – Homeowners can apply online for flood-related building permits
Thursday, May 27, 2010
- 4:44 p.m. – Flood-related retirement financial information: A representative from Vanguard, one of Vanderbilt’s retirement fund managers, will be available for three sessions on Friday, June 4, in Room 208, Light Hall. Sessions are scheduled for 9am, noon, and 3pm.
- 3:20 p.m. – Homeowners can apply online for flood-related building permits: learn more.
- 3:20 p.m. – Do I have the green light to get a building permit?
- 12:30 p.m. – New Location for the FEMA 100 Oaks Disaster Recovery Center. On Saturday, May 29, at noon, the 100 Oaks FEMA Center will be relocating to 500 Wedgewood Ave. (at the Fairgrounds) in Nashville. The Center will be open 7 days a week, from 8am-7pm.
- 1:30 p.m. – FEMA Alert: Beware Of Disaster Scams During Tennessee Flooding Recovery
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
- 8:23 p.m. – Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Forum Will Help Persons with Developmental Disabilities Cope in Flood Aftermath
- 12:33 p.m. – Metro closes Davidson County Disaster Assistance Centers; opens one in Sumner county (Tennessean)
Thursday, May 20, 2010
- 9:45 a.m. – Macy’s offers a 20 percent discount to flood victims until Nov. 30, 2010. Ask any local Macy’s sales representative for enrollment information. See all discounts
- 9:15 a.m. – Register pets lost in flood with NashvillePetFinders .com, Nashville Humane Association (615) 352-1010, Metro Animal Care & Control (615-) 862-7928, and LostAPet.org.
- 9 a.m. – Today, May 20, is last day to apply for emergency food stamp and cash assistance through DHS
- 9 a.m. – ReBuild Clinics open May 22 to provide one-on-one help to flood victims. Call (615) 862-6778
- 9 a.m. – Free cab rides available May 20-21. Call (615) 423-3118, (615) 496-4629 or (615) 597-4781
- 9 a.m. – Free dry cleaning for flood victims from FRSTeam Middle Tennessee. Call (615) 708-5156 or (615) 708-5031
- 9 a.m. – Sunday, May 23, last day for free drop off at convenience centers
- 9 a.m. – Metro bus service to return to normal schedule / fares Monday, May 24
Monday, May 17, 2010
- 3:00 p.m. – The Tide “Loads of Hope” truck will be in Nashville until May 25 at the Dollar General Store at 2403 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, 37214.
- 2:56 p.m. – Lefever Cabinets, Moldings & More offers a 50 percent discount for flood victims in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
- 4:10 p.m. – Muddy Cruddy Book for kids affected by the flood
- 3:25 p.m. – Metro residents can now use 70 percent of normal water usage
- 2:25 p.m. – Tips for talking to children after a disaster
- 1:00 p.m. – Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation offers appliance / water heater replacement grants, low-interest loans
- 12:40 p.m. – Access United Way’s searchable 211 service to find resources
- 12:35 p.m. – Disaster Aid and Funding Flow Chart – Sequence of Delivery
- 8:00 a.m. – FEMA Information Session at Vanderbilt
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
- 3:16 p.m. – Family & Children’s Service offers free counseling on May 13
- 3:02 p.m. – FEMA: Repairing Your Flooded Home
- 2:52 p.m. – Department of Codes and Building Safety: Guidelines for Permits Associated with the Repair of Flood Damaged Homes and Buildings
- 2:50 p.m. – American Red Cross: Repairing Your Flooded Home – What to Do After a Flood
- 2:48 p.m. – Photos of the Vanderbilt community helping flood victims
- 2:08 p.m. – Baseball game collects $20,000 in donations for flood effort
- 1:00 p.m. – Video: Vandy flood clean up crews hit Nashville neighborhoods
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- 3:30 p.m. – Pet care / pet supply assistance available from Agape and Nashville Humane Association
- 3:28 p.m. – FEMA to hold information sessions at Vanderbilt May 13
- 2:35 p.m. – Vanpool / Carpool ride match program can help those who need to find transportation
- 10:45 a.m. – Members of Vanderbilt community work to help flood victims
Monday, May 10, 2010
- 1 p.m. - Computers available for use to access flood relief information
- 1 p.m. – Vanderbilt opens flood coordination center
- 11:17 a.m. – Donations of children’s books being accepted for flood victims
- 10:32 a.m. – Second VU Flood Relief Day manned by student volunteers set for Tuesday May 11. Volunteer »
- 9:28 a.m. – “Soles 4 Souls” distributing 20,000 pairs of new shoes at the Fairgrounds Monday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 9:20 a.m. – Flood Debris Collections will begin in all Brush Zones for Davidson County Monday, May 10
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
- 2:47 p.m. — Special paid leave granted to flood victims in Vanderbilt community
- 2:40 p.m. — Vanderbilt Employee Credit Union Flood Relief Loan Programs Available
- 2 p.m. — Photos from the Flood Relief Swap
- 2 p.m. — Supervisors asked to report any employees still unaccounted for
- 1:55 p.m. — Post disaster clean-up and more info at the University of Illinois’ disaster resources page
- 1:40 p.m. — Additional discounts offered on apartment rentals
- 11:54 a.m. — Provost Richard McCarty and Vice Chancellor Jeff Balser announced disaster pay benefit
- 11:10 a.m. — Discounts offered to those with flood damage
- Protecting yourself from flood-related health risks
- Metro launches flood site, urges residents to report damage
Thursday, May 6, 2010
- 4:56 p.m. — Contact Procurement Services for concerns with supplier services during flood recovery. (615) 322-2911, option 3; email@example.com; or (615) 322-5654 for Medical Supply Sourcing.
- 4:46 p.m. — More details on Disaster Assistance Centers
- 4:45 p.m. — Work/Life Connections EAP open Saturday for drop-in appointments
- 4:43 p.m. — More details on Volunteer Reception Centers, translation services and more
- 4:00 p.m. — Vanderbilt employees offering free items to community at flood relief giveaway
- 12:30 p.m. — Beware of flood-related “phishing” scams
- 12:30 p.m. — Registering with FEMA crucial to getting aid in timely fashion
- 12:00 p.m. — Vanderbilt helping Vanderbilt: Flood Assistance Network made available to Vanderbilt community for donating and receiving items (release)
- 11:25 a.m. — Gordon Jewish Center offers clothes, bedding, and more for needy
- 11:05 a.m. — Please take the Employee Needs Assessment Survey
- 11:00 a.m. — Piedmont Natural Gas announces assistance to customers
- 10:30 a.m. — Vanderbilt Swap Meet set for May 6 and 7
- 10:15 a.m. — Bottled water distribution May 6
- 9:15 a.m. — Update from Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- 1:21 p.m. — Flood Relief Swap Meet Thursday and Friday: By Vanderbilt, For Vanderbilt
- 10:55 a.m. — Update from VUMC
- 10:30 a.m. — Message from Chancellor Zeppos to the Vanderbilt community
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- All students, faculty and staff asked to conserve water
- 10 a.m. — All Commencement activities for next week will proceed as planned
Monday, May 3, 2010
- 2:38 p.m. — VUMC Satelink Paging System down. Consult your Emergency Operations Quick Reference Guide- Beeper System Failure. Listen for overhead announcement or e-mail when normal operations can resume with the system.
- 1:20 p.m. — Counseling and assistance available for Vanderbilt flood victims
- 11:30 a.m. — Campus pulls together in flood recovery efforts during finals week
- 11:22 a.m. — Donations to the Hardship Disaster Fund are welcome online
- 11:21 a.m. — VU Baseball v. Georgia cancelled
- 11:21 a.m. — Faculty and staff impacted by the floods are invited to call (615) 936-1327 to make an appointment with a Work/Life Connections-EAP counselor. Some proof of hardship, such as a photograph, should be brought to the appointment. Some employees will be eligible for a gift card.
- 11:14 a.m. — Childcare centers, Occupational Health Clinic & Health Plus are open. The showers in Health Plus are not operational at this time.
- 10:30 a.m. — Employees asked to conserve water at work and at home in wake of flooding
- 10 a.m. — All libraries are now open.
- 10 a.m. — Three community Vanderbilt clinics have been closed today (Monday) due to road conditions on the affected areas. Those clinics are located in: Hartford, Kentucky; Powderly, Kentucky; Shelbyville, Tennessee.
- 8 a.m. — Science, Engineering, Management libraries are open Monday. General Library cleanup is moving along; should be open sometime today.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
- 11 p.m. — All faculty and staff who can safely commute are expected to report to work at their regularly scheduled time on Monday. Please consult Tennessee Highway Patrol for road condition information online or call them at 800-342-3258.
- 11 p.m. — All Vanderbilt libraries are expected to be open Monday. However, one or two might open a little later than usual, depending on staffing.
- 7 p.m. — Detailed Medical Center closings, cancellations and open services
- 6 p.m. — Student Health will be closed except for emergency treatment Monday. All appointments are cancelled.
- 4 p.m. — First and second year medical school classes cancelled for Monday, May 3
- 3 p.m. — Central Library has been closed due to flooding
- 2:30 p.m. — No Vandy Van service May 2
- 2:30 p.m. — Some exams postponed for Monday, May 3
- 2:00 p.m. — Official statement released