Home > Undergraduate Students > 2013-14 Financial Aid Checklist
2013-14 Financial Aid Checklist
Explore Undergraduate Student Financial Aid
Things to do (checklist):
- File the CSS PROFILE Application
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Mail signed copies of your and your parents’ 2012 Federal Income Tax Returns, Schedules, and W-2 forms to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Undergraduate Scholarships (as soon as they are completed). Please don’t fax tax returns to our office.
Things to remember:
- It is important to apply by April 15, the priority deadline! Some funds are limited! It may be necessary for you to file financial aid forms using estimated income tax information, pending the filing of tax returns!
- Financial aid will not be credited to your student account until we receive signed copies of tax returns.
- TENNESSEE RESIDENTS: We recommend you file the FAFSA by February 1 to be considered for State of Tennessee grant and scholarship assistance. The FAFSA must also be submitted for renewal of the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship.
- If your application has been selected for Federal Verification, you will be required to submit a separate Federal Verification Worksheet. Our office will send you this form or it may be downloaded at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/financialaid/undergraduate/additional-documents.php.
- We reserve the right to request additional information, as necessary, to document your eligibility for financial assistance. Any delay in responding to such a request will cause a delay in the processing of your financial aid.
- To access our office via E-mail, our address is email@example.com.
Things to note on applications:
- List Vanderbilt University, 2309 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN,
Federal School Code: 003535.
- The student and parent(s) must sign and date application.
- A signature page may be printed, signed and mailed to the processor or you can electronically sign your FAFSA using your PIN. If you do not have a PIN or have misplaced it please register/request it via the FAFSA website.
- The parents’ portions must be completed for ALL undergraduates under the age of 24.
- Vanderbilt’s CSS Code number 1871.
- Explain unusual circumstances in Section Q of the PROFILE or in a letter to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Undergraduate Scholarships.