2017-18 Financial Aid Checklist
Explore Undergraduate Student Financial Aid
Things to do (checklist):
- File the CSS PROFILE Application. Available October 1, 2016
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Available October 1, 2016
- Submit parent and student 2015 federal tax return information to IDOC. New students ONLY.
- Instructions for Submitting Documents to IDOC: If you are accepted for admission, you will receive a separate email from the IDOC Service, providing instructions on how to submit 2015 federal tax forms. Upload or mail your tax return packet directly to IDOC. If multiple schools to which you are applying participate in IDOC, you only need to submit the information to IDOC once. This information will be sent to all participating schools.
- If you are accepted for admission, upload or mail to IDOC (College Board's Institutional Documentation Service) signed copies of your and your parents' 2015 Federal Income Tax Returns, Schedules, and W-2 forms, along with any corporate and partnership returns that were submitted to the IRS. If you and/or your parent(s) are not required to file a 2015 Federal Income Tax Return, please download and complete the appropriate Non-Filer Form from the IDOC website. Non-Filer forms, along with all other tax documents, must be sent to IDOC. DO NOT SEND TAX RETURN DOCUMENTS TO OUR OFFICE.
For Returning students:
- If you previously submitted your 2015 federal tax forms last year to IDOC then we will not be requesting them again from you. You will not receive an email this year from IDOC. If any additional documentation is requred then we will update your Financial Aid Checklist on "YES" and send you an email.
Things to remember:
- TENNESSEE RESIDENTS: We recommend you file the FAFSA by November 1, 2016 to be considered for State of Tennessee grant and scholarship assistance. The FAFSA must also be submitted for renewal of the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship.
- For returning students, it is important to apply by April 15, the priority deadline! Some funds are limited! It may be necessary for you to file financial aid forms using estimated income tax information, pending the filing of tax returns!
- Financial aid will not be credited to your student account until we have reviewed the tax information submitted to IDOC.
- We reserve the right to request additional information, as necessary, to document your eligibility for financial assistance. Any delay in responding to such a request will cause a delay in the processing of your financial aid.
- To access our office via E-mail, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.