Skip to Content

Office of Financial Aid

Home > Graduate / Professional Students > Graduate / Professional Students

Graduate / Professional Students

Explore Graduate / Professional Student Financial Aid

The following information is for Graduate and Professional students who wish to apply for student loans and work-study financial assistance. Eligibility is based on the difference between the amount the student is expected to pay, any additional financial aid resources and the total cost of attending. Total aid packages vary according to each student's eligibility. Once eligibility has been determined, students will receive an Award Letter notifying them of the type of aid available. Included with the Award Letter will be any additional documents necessary for the processing of their aid package.

Graduate and Professional students are awarded all merit-based aid (including, but not limited to, scholarships, grants, and graduate research and teaching assistantships) from their academic department. The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships awards all forms of federal aid, which include, but are not limited to Federal Direct Stafford Loans, Perkins loans, Federal Work-Study, as well as alternative loans. Questions regarding the awarding and disbursement of merit-based aid should be directed to academic departments while other aid questions should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.

Financial aid is awarded for one academic year only, so students must re-apply each year as described below. To continue receiving assistance, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree and maintain minimum grade point average standards.

View our Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements for Federal Financial Aid.

 Steps to applying for or renewing student loans and/or work-study for the 2017-18 school year, which includes Summer 2018:

  • Submit the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), school code 003535.You may complete the online application using your FSA ID. Please make sure that you are submitting the correct application for the 2017-2018 year.
  • Summer 2017: If you are applying for student loans for Summer 2017 term, you will need to submit a 2016-2017 FAFSA if you have not already done so.    This application is ONLY available until June 30, 2017. 

View our loan application instructions if you have received your award notification letter and have been awarded a student loan.



Back Home   

Quick Links

Contact Us

Office of Student Financial Aid 
and Scholarships

2309 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203-1725

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

On-campus: 2-3591
(615) 322-3591
FAX: (615) 343-8512