Greek Life Recruitment Webinars from fall 2014
For parents/families who have students interested in joining a fraternity or sorority at Vanderbilt, the Office of Greek Life hosted webinars for parents to learn more about the process for joining a Greek organization at Vanderbilt including eligibility requirements, recruitment/intake processes and suggestions for parents about supporting their children as they consider membership in one of Vanderbilt’s more than 30 Greek organizations. Guest speakers included Kristin Torrey, Director of Greek Life, James Crawford, Program Coordinator for Greek Life, and Anthony Williams, Program Coordinator for Greek Life.
To view those recordings, click the link below.
- Interfraternity Council Fraternities: (originally broadcast on 9/30/14)
- Panhellenic Council Sororities: (originally broadcast on 10/2/14)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council, Historically African American Fraternities and Sororities: (orginally broadcast on 11/13/14)
Warren/Moore College Halls: The Housing Assignment Process for 2013-2014 from December 2013
Guest speaker Jim Kramka, senior director of housing operations, discussed the housing assignment process for the new college halls, Warren and Moore.
- Dates and deadlines for the assignment process
- The types of accommodations available in Warren and Moore halls
- An overview of the ballots for Warren and Moore
- A description of the lottery for Warren and Moore will work
- A question and answer session
You can also view a recording of the webinar presentation and question and answer session below.
Question and Answer Session:
Alcohol on Campus: What Vanderbilt Parents Should Know from August 2012
Guest speaker Dr. John Greene, associate dean of Student Health and Wellness, discussed what parents need to know about college student alcohol use.
- An overview of Alcohol Education for students at Vanderbilt
- Potential Negative Consequences of High Risk Drinking Behaviors
- Vanderbilt’s Immunity Rule and Medical Amnesty
- Possible Sanctions for High Risk Behaviors
- Screening and Intervention
- Questions to discuss with your student BEFORE they arrive on campus