Class of 2018 Parents
Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are excited that your family will be joining the Vanderbilt community.
We will be sending a series of 7 emails over the summer, each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival on campus.
- Email 1 sent May 5: Parents welcome to The Ingram Commons
- Email 2 sent May 20: Parents learn more about academics at Vanderbilt
- Email 3 sent June 3: Keeping your Vanderbilt student healthy and well
- Email 4 sent June 17: An introduction to The Martha Rivers Ingram Commons at Vanderbilt
- Emial 5 sent July 7: Get ready for Move-in Day: August 16
- Email 6 sent July 22: How your student can get involved in the campus community
If you did not receive these emails, please be sure to sign up for the First-Year Parent PreVU (e-newsletter) series.
Below you will find important links and answers to frequently asked questions.
Parent Helpline: 1-877-887-2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road to Vanderbilt 2014
- Class of 2018: Common Place
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- Vanderbilt Admissions Blog
- Housing Website
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Student Health Forms
- Student Accounts
- What to Bring to Campus
Important Dates for Fall Semester 2014
- August 16: First-Year student move-in begins at 7 a.m.
- August 16-24: New Student Orientation (CommonVU)
- August 17: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 20: First day of class
- September 12-14: Family Weekend
- October 10-12: Homecoming
- October 16-17: Fall Break
- November 22: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Thanksgiving holidays
- November 30: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- December 4: Last day of classes for fall semester
- December 5-13: Reading days and examinations
- December 14: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for winter break