Class of 2019 Parents
Welcome to Vanderbilt! We are excited that your family will be joining the Vanderbilt community.
We will be sending a series of 7 emails over the summer beginning on May 5, 2015, each with important information about your student’s upcoming arrival on campus. To receive our emails, please be sure to sign up for the First-Year Parent PreVU (e-newsletter) series.
Below you will find important links and answers to frequently asked questions.
Parent Helpline: 1.877.887.2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road to Vanderbilt 2015 (coming soon!)
- Ingram Commons
- Admissions: Admitted Students Page
- Vanderbilt Admissions Blog
- Housing Website
- ResNet (ITS) Website
- Student Health Forms
- Student Accounts
- What to Bring to Campus
Important Dates for Fall Semester 2015
- August 22: First-Year student move-in begins at 7 a.m.
- August 22-26: New Student Orientation (CommonVU)
- August 23: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 26: First day of class
- September 18-20: Family Weekend
- October 15-16: Fall Break
- October 22-24: Homecoming
- November 21: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Thanksgiving holidays
- November 29: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- December 10: Last day of classes for fall semester
- December 11-19: Reading days and examinations
- December 20: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for winter break
Move-in Day—August 22
A full move-in and orientation schedule will be mailed to your student from the Housing Office and emailed to you later this summer. Move-in and related activities for parents and families take place from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 22, through noon on Sunday, August 23. You will be informed of your specific move-in time in the housing notification packet you will receive around August 1.
Planning your travel
We recommend that you plan to arrive on Friday evening, August 21, to prepare for move-in on Saturday morning. Parents are encouraged to depart on Sunday, August 23, around noon.