Family Weekend FAQs
- How do I register for Family Weekend?
Registration for Family Weekend began on July 28th and is now closed. Onsite registration will be available during Family Weekend (please note a $10 late fee will be assessed).
- When should we arrive in Nashville? What does the schedule look like?
We encourage everyone to arrive in Nashville on Thursday night (September 11th), if possible. Programming begins on Friday morning, and lasts through Sunday morning. A complete schedule may be found here. Additionally, an informational brochure was mailed to undergraduate parents in August.
- Our plans have changed. How do I make changes to my Family Weekend Registration, or cancel altogether?
Please call our office at 877.887.2736 to make changes to your registration. You will be unable to make changes online. If you must make a cancellation, please call our office by Friday, September 5 to do so.
- Where do you recommend staying during Family Weekend?
A comprehensive list of nearby hotels may be found on our website.
- We’ve heard a lot about Nashville’s food scene. Where is a great place to dine during Family Weekend?
Nashville is definitely bustling with tons of fantastic restaurants. Give us a call at 877.887.2736 and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
- Where may I park during Family Weekend?
There are several lots and garages that will be designated for Family Weekend parking. The brochure we sent in August lists the details, as well as includes a parking permit to place on your dashboard. Please remember to bring this with you for Family Weekend
- I want to volunteer for Family Weekend! What are my opportunities and how may I sign up?
Thank you for your interest! We are happy to announce that we are fully staffed for Family Weekend 2014, but please check our website for other volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- I’d like to familiarize myself with campus. Is there an organized tour, or may I roam on my own?
Great question! We will have several tours available for Family Weekend attendees on Friday and Saturday. These tours include basic campus tours, botanical tours, historical tours, and architectural tours, and detailed information about times and locations may be found on our website (and in the brochure). You are also more than welcome to explore campus on your own time.
- I just want to attend Athenian Sing. Do I have to register for Family Weekend as well?
In order to reserve Athenian Sing tickets as early as July 28th, you must register for Family Weekend as well. Our allotment of Athenian Sing tickets has SOLD OUT, so if you’d like to attend, please send your student to the Sarratt Box Office with his/her student ID in order to purchase tickets.
If you would just like to attend Athenian Sing only, please contact the Student Leadership Development office at 615.343.6200.
- May I choose my seats for the football game? What if I don’t want to sit in the area assigned to Family Weekend attendees? How do I get different tickets?
Unfortunately, you may not specify your preference for football tickets as part of the Family Weekend registration. If you would like to sit with friends at the game, please contact us at 877.887.2736.
- May I attend class with my student?
Unfortunately, no. If you are interested in meeting with your student’s academic adviser, your student should contact the professor two weeks prior to Family Weekend to schedule an appointment.