Home » Calendar
2015 Fall Semester
- August 1: Deadline to waive student health insurance coverage
- August 12: Deadline for students to pay fall charges without a late payment fee
- August 20: International student orientation
- August 22: First-year and transfer student move-in day
- August 23: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 22-24: Orientation for transfer students
- August 26: First day of class
- September 9: Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- September 18-20: Family Weekend
- October 12: Spring 2016 Course Registration period begins
- October 15-16: Fall Break
- October 22-24: Homecoming Weekend
- November 21: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Thanksgiving holidays
- November 21-29: Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- November 29: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- December 10: Last day of classes for fall semester
- December 11-19: Reading days and examinations
- December 20: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Winter Break
2016 Spring Semester
- January 1: Deadline for students to pay spring charges without a late payment fee
- January 8: Undergraduate residence halls open at noon
- January 9-17: Panhellenic council formal recruitment
- January 11: Spring semester classes begin
- January 16: Interfraternity council recruitment bid day
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – classes cancelled; Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- January 25: Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- February 22: Summer 2016 class schedule available in YES
- February 28: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for spring break
- March 5-13: Spring Break
- March 5: Residence halls close for Spring Break
- March 13: Residence halls reopen at 9 a.m.
- March 14-April 9: Housing random selections
- March 14: Fall 2016 class schedule available in YES
- March 17: Founder’s Day
- March 30: Deadline to rent regalia for May 2016 Commencement ceremony
- April 11: Fall 2016 Course Registration period begins
- April 15-16: Rites of Spring Music Festival
- April 25: Last day of classes for spring semester
- April 26-May 5: Reading days and examinations
- May 7: All residence halls (except those for graduating students) close at 9 a.m.
- May 7: Residence halls open for Maymester at 2 p.m.
- May 11-13: Commencement 2016
- May 14: Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
The VU calendar committee and the Board of Trustees must approve the University calendar before it is published around June 1 of each year. Calendar highlights are published in the OverVU newsletter during the year. Visit the Registrar for the academic year calendar or the University Calendar for events scheduled throughout the university community.