Home » Calendar
2015 Spring Semester
- January 2: Deadline for students to pay spring charges without a late payment fee
- January 4: Undergraduate residence halls re-open at noon
- January 9-11, 16-18: Panhellenic council formal recruitment
- January 9-10: Interfraternity council formal recruitment
- January 5: Spring semester classes begin
- January 19: Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- January 19: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – classes cancelled; Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- February 2-8: Registration for 2015/2016 housing assignments process
- February 28: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for spring break
- February 28-March 8: Spring Break
- March 8: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- March 9-April 3: 2015/2016 Housing assignment process
- March 17: Founder’s Day
- April 6: Fall 2015 Course Registration period begins
- April 17-18: Rites of Spring Music Festival
- April 20: Last day of classes for spring semester
- April 21-30: Reading days and examinations
- May 2: First-Year Residence halls close at 9 a.m.
- May 6-8: Commencement 2015
- May 9: Residence halls close for all students at 1 p.m.
2015 Fall Semester
- August 1: Deadline to waive student health insurance coverage
- August 12: Deadline for students to pay fall charges without a late payment fee
- August 20: International student orientation
- August 22: First-year and transfer student move-in day
- August 23: Upperclass residence halls open at 9 a.m.
- August 22-24: Orientation for transfer students
- August 26: First day of class
- September 9: Last day to drop a class with no entry on record
- September 18-20: Family Weekend
- October 12: Spring 2016 Course Registration period begins
- October 15-16: Fall Break
- October 22-24: Homecoming Weekend
- November 21: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Thanksgiving holidays
- November 21-29: Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- November 29: Residence halls re-open at 9 a.m.
- December 10: Last day of classes for fall semester
- December 11-19: Reading days and examinations
- December 20: Residence halls close at 9 a.m. for Winter Break
The VU calendar committee and the Board of Trustees must approve the University calendar before it is published around June 1 of each year. Calendar highlights are published in the OverVU newsletter during the year. Visit the Registrar for the academic year calendar or the University Calendar for events scheduled throughout the university community.