The English Language Center (ELC) offers a series of academic workshops with a particular language theme and focus.
Academic Writing Workshop Series
- The Academic Writing Workshop series consists of six 90-minute sessions and covers writing topics that are especially relevant to students and scholars who have a first language other than English.
- Each session has a particular theme and includes writing activities, exercises, discussion, and analysis of participant writing.
- Workshops are free but limited to 12 individuals, so signing up is important to reserve your place. Details and signup information will be sent just prior to each workshop.
Spring 2015 Series Schedule:
- Workshop 1: Sentence Variety and Articles [1/30/15].
- Workshop 2: Paraphrasing/Quoting/Summarizing [2/13/15].
- Workshop 3: Effective E-mail Communication [2/27/15].
- Workshop 4: Writing a Literature Review [3/13/15]. Register for Workshop 4
- Workshop 5: Slang and Tone in Academic Writing [3/27/15]. Register for Workshop 5
- Workshop 6: Dealing with Feedback on Writing [4/10/15]. Register for Workshop 6
For more information about Academic Workshops, please contact: