The ELC offers a series of academic workshops with a particular language theme and focus.
Academic Writing Workshop Series — Spring 2014
- The Academic Writing Workshop series consists of six 90-minute sessions and covers writing topics that are especially relevant to students and scholars who have a first language other than English.
- Each session has a particular theme and includes writing activities, exercises, discussion, and analysis of participant writing.
- Workshops are free but limited to 12 individuals, so signing up is important to reserve your place. Details and signup information will be sent just prior to each workshop.
Spring 2014 Series Schedule:
- Workshop 1: Sentence Variety and Articles: http://goo.gl/HjAUa
- Workshop 2: Paraphrasing/Quoting/Summarizing: http://goo.gl/hVj02
- Workshop 3: Effective E-mail Communication: http://goo.gl/XGK8v
- Workshop 4: Writing a Literature Review http://goo.gl/DlUS5
- Workshop 5: Slang and Tone in Academic Writing http://goo.gl/KcOm8
- Workshop 6: Dealing with Feedback on Writing http://goo.gl/X1pdR
For more information about Academic Workshops, please contact: